Sunday, January 25, 2015

WEEK FOUR - LIGHT

I was quite excited at the prospect of capturing light. With the expectation of snow, I was anticipating morning sunlight glistening off of snow covered fields. Diamonds sparkling on ice covered tree branches.

Contrasting the beauty of the ice and cold with the winter sun warming our living room while the children played peacefully together.

But this was not to be. The snow came but each day was cold with blustering winds and swirling white or overcast and dreary.

I rethought my plan and decided that I also enjoy the lights of a winter evening.

I am always amazed at how the snow reflects light making the night seem bright like the day.



I love the ambiance of this house. Especially at night. In the snow.



Driving to the River, I found myself surrounded by lights.



The Bridge at night always captivates me. This night it was lined with trucks from one end to the other. 





When I turned the other direction the Detroit Skyline was another series of lights reflecting on the cold water.



As I left the river, thankful to be warm, I couldn't help but notice Assumption. My husband's family was an important part of the history here and in Detroit, when it was still a fort! 
It was worth braving the cold again to capture these.









Followers

About Me

My photo
I am the very blessed wife of my best friend. The humble mother of five precious children. Walking a life-road that is more amazing than I could ever imagine.