Tuesday, February 20, 2018

ONCE MORE - ONE LITTLE WORD

So, it has been 51 days since the first of the year. 51 days late in posting my word for 2018.

I realize that this has been a standard post since I started my blog in 2011. And the preparation for this year was not any different than the past 10 years of word choosing. I prayed and thought but the reality is, once again, it seems like my word chose me. So, posting my word shouldn't have been that difficult, right?

People were asking and waiting and I was procrastinating. To be honest, this word seems to have so many nuances and for me it could not be pinned down. I like my words to be neatly packaged with a bow and this word seems to have a mind of it's own and has led me on a wild goose chase these 51 days. One in which I have failed to box up and deliver with some sort of expectation. Instead, I have a myriad of thoughts and roads to travel this year.

Last year was the year to be HELD. It was a busy year. Following REST and CONTENT, I had much time to learn to lean on this truth:

He is before all things, and in him all things hold together.  Colossians 1:17

And I am held and held together in Him. It was a year to watch God pour out on our family and fill us with His grace and abundance which allowed us the opportunity to pour out grace to others.

This second word grace settled into my heart and mind throughout the year. There were many times that I spoke this truth to my children, and to myself, as we faced challenging circumstances and people. 

So, we come to this new year. A new word started appearing, repeatedly, over the end of the last. 

Beckoning me. 

Wooing me. 

Challenging me. 

Reminding me of my first word, in 2009,  INTENTIONAL

Encouraging me to revisit the beginning.

So, a belated welcome to 2018 the year to 


Followers

About Me

My photo
I am the very blessed wife of my best friend. The humble mother of five precious children. Walking a life-road that is more amazing than I could ever imagine.